Doing laundry can stink! And folding laundry takes a lot of time out of the day. To help cut back on that time, we discovered some new ways for you to fold T-shirts in our article and video titled How to Fold a T Shirt. To find more easy ways to fold a shirt, simply scroll down on this page.
Pinch & Fold Method
- Lay a shirt sideways with the collar on your right side.
- Point A will be located at chest level and point B will be at the top right of the shirt.
- Keep in mind that point C is at the bottom hem on your left side.
- In one motion, pinch both A and B points, then cross your arms to pinch point C.
- Uncross your arms, shake the shirt into place, and fold.
The Chest Fold
Perfectly folding a t-shirt while standing up may seem strange, but it’s possible using the Chest Fold.
- With your shirt’s front facing you, fold the top side down.
- Then fold the shirt’s top and bottom together to create a square, and bring it onto your chest.
- Flatten it and finish off by folding the entire shirt over!
How to Fold a T-Shirt Marie Kondo Style
Since becoming a Netflix star, Marie Kondo has been sparking joy in homes around the world with her KonMari method. Tidying Up with Marie Kondo inspired viewers to get up off the couch and thoughtfully tidy their homes—including shirt drawers.
To fold a shirt the Marie-Kondo way, you’ll need to fold outwards instead of inwards and then fold in thirds, forming a little rectangle. Your goal is to have the shirt stand up on it’s own to store upward in drawers, almost like you’ve created a clothing filing cabinet. This method’s the best for being able to view your shirts quickly and choosing items you won’t wear over and over again.