The oriental knot also known as the simple knot or small knot is the simplest method to tying a necktie. It contains the fewest possible steps and is very easy to learn. It’s named the oriental knot because it’s also the most popular knot in Asia. It goes well with a classic collar or medium spread collar. The oriental knot works well if your tie is on the shorter side, thicker neck ties or if you are taller and need the extra length. This necktie is for you!
Check out these quick and easy steps:
1. Drape the tie over your neck, with the reverse side out – the inside of your tie facing outward and the wide end on your right side.
2. Cross the narrow end of the tie over the wide end.
3. Wrap the wide end of the tie back over the narrow end, from left to right.
4. Pass the wide end of the tie under the narrow end and bring it up through the center of the loop around your neck.
5. Bring the wide end down through the loop in front.
6. Gently tighten the knot by pulling down on the narrow end and sliding the knot up to your collar