Winter weather brings more clothing problems! You are more likely wearing more clothes in these frigid months which causes more issues for something to happen to one of those items you are wearing. Runs in your tights, static cling or an itchy sweater causing you misery? Check out these winter hacks to keep you from going stir crazy.
1. Stop a run in your tights or stockings from worsening by spraying it with strong hold hair spray. Hairspray holds the fibers in place temporarily. If you don’t have hair spray, then try nail polish. It will also do the trick!
2. Use mitten clips to keep your jeans from coming out of your boots. This genius idea will keep your jeans from riding up and bunching around your boot, keeping your jeans looking neat and tight!
3. Run a dryer sheet over your hair to eliminate static.
4. Use a makeup sponge as a lint roller to remove sweater fuzz or shed hairs from your faux fur coat.
5. Stop your sweaters from shedding by sticking them in the freezer overnight. If you have a cashmere or wool sweater that’s constantly shedding, put it in a Ziploc freezer bag and toss it in. No more shedding the next day!
6. Hide a safety pin on the inside of your clothes to reduce static cling. If your flowy dress you are wearing keeps getting stuck to your tights, fasten the safety pin inside to break up the static.
7. Use business cards to protect your leather from hanger clamp indents. Just put your business card between your leather piece and the hanger. No clamp indents!
8. Newspaper stuffed into wet boots will help absorb moisture more quickly.
9. Use a hair dryer to warm your clothes in the morning.
10. Make an itchy sweater softer with a little hair conditioner and white vinegar. Soak your sweater in cold water mixed with a few tablespoons of white vinegar for 15 minutes. Gently massage the conditioner into your sweater and let it sit for about half an hour. Rinse the conditioner and lay your sweater flat to dry. When you wear that sweater next it will be much less itchy!